Dr. Siraj Baig, DDS, PC & Associates
23304 Orchard Lake Rd, Farmington Hills, MI 48336
Phone Number: 248-471-5534
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Alternative to Surgery: I understand that if tooth/teeth are not removed, my condition may worsen resulting in complications including, but not limited to the following:
- Cyst or tumor formation
- Periodontal (gum) disease
- Loss of additional teeth
- Increased risk of complication if removal is required at a later time
Possible Complications from extraction that have been explained to me include but are not limited to the following:
- Dry Socket and/or post-operate infection.
- Injury to the nerves of the lower lip, tongue and cheek causing numbness which may be permanent.
- Bleeding, bruising, or swelling that may be prolonged.
- Decision to leave a small piece of the root of the tooth in the jaw when its removed would require extensive surgery and increased risk of complication.
- Injury to adjacent teeth or fillings
- Involvement of the sinus above the upper teeth
- Unusual reactions to the medication given or prescribed
I agree to cooperate fully with the doctor and will follow post-operative instructions to the best of my ability for my own comfort and safety.I have had the opportunity to ask questions concerning the procedure.